Pages

Followers

Friday 11 March 2011

Oh La La Tres Chic!

Good morning all!!!
It's Friday!!!!! Which means this should have been a DT card for the
Digi's With Attitude Challenge Blog! I had my post all scheduled & ready to go, then I got the message to say....

.....unfortunately the team is no longer & will be taking a break for who knows how long! 
Hopefully it's not for too long & normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!
I've had a great time working with the other girls on the DT & I'm sad to leave but there is good news too!!!
As I know some of you will be looking for a card today I let it run as planned!
The image I've used this week is Grumpy Gretchen, Tres Chic & you can find her here in the
Digi's With Attitude! store! The store I'm assured is still up & running!

I just love her & that posh Poodle!
My Mother-in-Law has had a couple of Standard Poodles for as long as I have known her!
This card design is known as a Pop Out Stepper & it's the first one  that I've made!

For the base card I used a template download, which was designed by the lovely Debbie Lauder over at Craftystash!
She is a very talented lady!
This was simple & quick to use! (Ideal for me as I'm often very slow at crafting.)
The template is printed onto one side of the card & the DP onto the other. (I chose to print my paper onto both sides!)
All the fold & cut lines are there to save you having to measure! There are also 2 sheets of topper elements to which you can add your own detail!
The Designer Papers I have used are from Bearly Mine Designs & the sentiments are from Digi's With Attitude!
The image was coloured with promarkers & to give the card a shabby chic feel I distressed the edges with an Ink It Up ink pad. I sponged the ink onto the background of the image too! Not sure if I got a bit too carried away there???
I  added a strip of ribbon down each side of the image & knotted some little bits of ribbon down each.
 I placed a little pearl on each of the ribbon knots, then a little hand tied bunch of flowers at either side of the front sentiment et voila!
I hope you like her!
Thanks for looking!
Update!!!
Just a quick wave & a hello to my two latest followers
Mary J & Lisa (Lisa Has a giveaway on her blog!) Do pop over & visit both ladies on their wonderful blogs!!! Thanks for joining us ladies!!!

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges
Aly's Sunday Challenge Anything Goes (Hope you feel better soon Aly!)
Card Cupids  Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad Use Ribbon
Craft Your Passion Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge Lovely Ladies
KB Cute Monday Use Pink
Little Claire's Challenge Use Flowers
Bearly Mine Birthday Card
Creative Belli Animals
Do You Stack Up Layers
Aud Sentiments Birthday Card Packaging etc
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes
Lothian Crafts Use Bright colours
Fab'n'Funky Challenges Make It Girly

21 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful card I hope one day I can be this good but I still have lots to learn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - great image and sentiments. Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card!

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Sunday for another brilliant challenge! :)

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love the design.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Dawn.
    Love Emma- crazyem (CMD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! What a great card. I really want to try this style. Your sentiment is awesome. Thanks for playing in the crazy challenge this week and I hope we'll see you again.
    -Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card. Your colouring is beautiful.

    Thank you for joining us as the Creative Belli Blog Challenge.

    hugs,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love this image and the sentiments. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your Passion, in our "anything goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn, I am just loving this! Your MIL will be sooo impressed! So pleased to see you here at THE CRAFTY PAD for our Ribbons challenge....best of luck! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Dawn, Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute card Dawn, that image is gorgeous
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this template for a card. The flower embellishments are just the perfect touch! I'm so glad you were able to join us for our birthday challenge at Aud Sentiments. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love that image and your card engineering is super! Thank you for playing along with us this week st DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card, great digital image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Belli

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Dawn I do love this card a fabulous shape, papers, colours and image thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a fabulous card chick - love those colours :) Thank you for joining us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like this fancy card base cut you used. This is great. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Dawn, love the staircase card. thanks for sharing it with us at Bearly Mine.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty, such a nice card and the colours are perfect with your pretty image. Thank You for joining in at Bearly Mine Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a lovely card.

    Thank you for joining us at Little Claire for the fortnightly challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx