Pages

Followers

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Lindisfarne - Holy Island A Little Peek

Hi all,
I'm just back from a couple of days away & I thought I'd share with you a couple of my holiday snaps from Lindisfarne/Holy Island! Oh no, I won't bore you with them all, just a quick peek at this beautiful tranquil little piece of England! (I don't believe it's very tranquil through the day during the school hols!)


This is the Castle, closed on Monday's Ooopsy Oh well we can go back another time!



This is the priory from the Heugh


This is a seal who popped his head up to see what we were up to!



We went down early to the causeway to watch the tide going out!


This was it when we crossed!
There was a huge queue of traffic waiting to cross onto the island when we left!

Now, while I'm here, I see Leesa,  AKA The Navy Wife has joined my merry band of Friends & followers!
I work with Leesa on The DT at The Crafty Pad Challenges, her work is awesome! Leesa also helps out on the fabby Feline Playful Blog where they list lot's of Challenges, Blog Candy's & Blog Hops! Do pop over to her blog, you will not be disappointed!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed a little look at the sights!



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Dawn, it looks so idyllic there :) Sounds like you definitely picked the ideal time to visit without the crowds. Shame the castle wasn't open, but your pics of that are amazing none the less. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx