Pages

Followers

Saturday 1 September 2012

Special Challenge

Good morning lovely bloggers!
I hope you're all well on this lovely Saturday morning!
Today is the start of a special challenge over at 
We have a whole list of fabby sponsors who are offering 
some awesome prizes!
The Challenge will run from 1st to the 29th September 
so you have plenty of time to enter!

Many of you will know that my Mum has had Breast Cancer Surgery
& is now in the midst of Chemotherapy.
As a result of this, she has lost her hair!
To support my Mum & to honour everyone out there who has been
affected by Breast Cancer,I have decided to have my head shaved.
I asked my Mum which charity she'd like me to fundraise for
You can read more about it on my Just Giving Page!
I hope that if you do pop over,
you may be able to help with a small donation.
If everyone who reads this donates just £1/ $1 it will
 boost the fund dramatically! Every little helps!
My Head Shave Event is on Saturday the 8th September.
To mark this, momentous occasion,Debbie has kindly allowed me
 to take over a section of The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog to run a 
Special Month Long Challenge!
The theme?

 Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Think Pink
Here's my card!


All of the team have used the lovely images that Debbie 
the lovely boss has created especially for my challenge!
They are available on The Challenge Blog for free!

I added some Diamond Sparkles to the seams of the Bra & the pink ribbon.


The DP I have used is an origami paper that I won.
I love the bright colours!

The sentiment is one of the Freebie's on the Challenge Blog!
Make sure you check it out!
You don't have to use Debbie's images to play, you can use any BCA image 
you like,or just go for lot's of pink!
Here is a list of the wonderful sponsors!

£12 to spend on downloads from the shop

A whopping £25 Voucher 

An amazing £30 gift certificate!

A £ 10 Voucher for their shop!

3 individual images (No Sets)

I hope to see you there!
Challenges I'd like to enter:
Avadares- make It Sparkle
ATCs & Cards With Attitude- Anything Goes
Chocolate Coffee Cards Ribbon For A Cause
Digi Haven Use A Freebie

14 comments:

  1. You are absolutely one remarkable daughter to do this for your mother! Wonderful card and the inside sentiment is a great reminder for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Dawn & what a wonderful thing you are doing. I hope you get lots of support & sponsors. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful card and a brilliant challenge.
    I wish your mum all the best with her treatment. This is such a lovely thing that you are doing for a really worthwhile cause.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn,sweet friend,your card is just wonderful^_^
    Your mum will love you every day more..you are a fantastic daughter,I hope you will have soon support and sponsors:)
    Big hug my sweet friend:)
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I am thrilled to see you back at Avadares Challenge Blog this month. The whole design team so enjoyed your entries in the August challenge. Thanks for joining us again.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    PS - You can enter as many times as you like if you use an Avadares image, including freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn - this is a fab card and you are one AWESOME lady!!!!!
    Lots of love,
    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Dawn, first of all I wish your mum a speedy recovering from this appalling disease and my prayers are with you and your mum. I will email you tomorrow if that is okay.

    The sentiment is oh so apt as I too went through a scare a few years ago and regularly check mine. Your card is fantastic and I wish you good luck on Saturday with your fundraiser.

    Big Crafty Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx so much for joining us at CC&CC for our ribbon support challenge. Your card is adorable and so appropriate for our theme this challenge. I wish your Mom all the best and hope your fundraiser is a BIG success.
    Aloha, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Dawn, I love your papers an of course fab image and sentiment. Good luck with the fund raising.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn, I'm so glad that you entered this at Avadares, but even more important, my prayers are still with you and your mom. I've just passed my 11 year survivor 'birthday' and all tests continue to show complete remission. Surviving is becoming more and more common place and I'm confident that your mom will join our growing ranks. I'm totally behind your shaved head efforts and will be over to play in the challenge later this week. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn, on behalf of the Digi Haven Design Team I've made a donation to your cause. Good luck with your haircut and positive thoughts, strength and courage to your mom. ♥ Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant card for a great cause, love the bright colours. I hope your Mum makes a speedy recovery. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card for a wonderful cause. Thank you for joining us at Avadares for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Haven.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx