Pages

Followers

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Thanks To a Great Team!

Morning all! I hope you're well today!
I have a not so little card to share with you this time!
I found this when I was doing a bit of tidying up on my blog!
There are quite a few photo's too so I'll apologise for that now!
This is a card I was asked to make by my Mum, to thank all the staff at 
Ward 1 in the Western General Hospital Edinburgh.
For those not in the know, this is an Oncology Ward
where people go to have Chemo treatmments. 
(Mum finished her chemo a good while back thankfully!)
They really are a fantastic team!
Here's the card!


It's an 8 x8 inch square card.The papers are all 
Papermania & the images are all from Bugaboo!
I've had them all since the start of last year to make a variety of
"Thank You" cards along the way!
As you can see I added some pink ribbon & a 
little hope charm!


As well as the "Thank You" message,I tried to represent each of the nurses & 
doctor, who were the main characters in this chapter of mums treatment!


Here are some things we learnt along the journey!
Did you know that the nurses wear purple gloves 
whilst handling & administering Chemo "Cocktails"?


A lot of the drugs are light sensitive so they need to be kept in 
dark little bags whilst being transported & administered!


The nurses, doctors & support team are all angels!


Some of them are sassy too & some chemo drugs are bright red!
I also decorated the inside a little with a scalloped circle to 
allow mum to add a personal greeting/message!


As there was no room on the front & I had to include the doctor!
I popped her inside! Mum decorated her skirt a bit more!


She's looks a little bit scary but she's not at all!
All of the images were coloured with a mix of promarkers & flexmarkers
The glasses, vase & some other little bits were highlighted with a 
Sakura Clear Star pen. I hope you like it!
Mum gave the card to the team on her last visit & they loved it!
They all had great fun guessing who was who!
I'd like to enter this card in a few challenges if I may:
Card & Scrap - Use Lace or Ribbon
Oozak - Anything Goes with Texture 
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Use A Digi (I've sed several)
Jellypark Challenges - Give Thanks
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

28 comments:

  1. Ahhh Dawn how fabulous is this, what a great idea. All your detail is fantastic love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic card, love the images and the design. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn this is fabulous hun, and it is good to hear, praise for our Nursing staff, all to often, all we hear is the negative. I am sure they loved this card and so glad you mum is doing well, my dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the news today about some of our hospitals, it is so heartening to hear about one that so caring. A very clever card, love all the images and glad your Mum has finished her chemo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "WOW" Dawn what fabulous images you have used and such a fun card too! great design and your ribbon and bow is brilliantly tied xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Dawn, love the images and the gorgeous papers. So happy to hear that your mum is doing well and I am sure the nursing staff absolutely loved this.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Dawn, perfect use of a perfect digi for a perfect cause . Good to see you around in blogland :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card Dawn - I bet they loved receiving this! Glad your mum is doing okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and I bet it was a great hit with who ever saw it, love a bugaboo!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card
    Thanks for joining us at cccb
    Hugs
    Kelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's still just as fantastic as it was the first time I saw it, Dawn. Hope your mum is doing well these days. I still keep her in my prayers. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NanaConnie, this is a different card for another team! I think the one you're thinking of was for the nurses in the Breast Unit & Ward 6 here's the link to that one!
      http://dawn-dawnscrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/thank-you-ward-stafa-great-big-thank.html
      It was an A4 card using a similar set of images!
      Hugs
      Dawn xx

      Delete
    2. A card with a lot of things sayd using all your stamps, love the way you have made your card. Thank you for joining at card and scrap.

      Delete
  12. A fabulously fun card Dawn for a very worthwhile occasion. The images are all brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow i love this the images are great . I am glad your mum is now well. I love the thank you message .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow look at all the detail in this card! It is awesome! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a wonderful set of cards... great images... Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge... HUGS... SK:)
    SKdigis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ã…hhh hvor er den smuk♥
    1000 tak for at du deltager på card and scraps udfordring,

    knuzzz DT Anne Bente
    God sommer♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card - it makes me snile :)

    Thank you for joining us at card and scrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card hun. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.

    Hugs Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all those funny images, they are too, too cute.
    thanks for playing in our "Thanks" challenge at Jellypark Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute, love the pink but am scared of that nurse on the upper left. :) Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. CG has left a new comment on your post "Thanks To a Great Team!":

    Hi Dawn, Wowza this is so great! Such a perfect card. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for playing our challenge at One Stitch At A Time.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Dawn, this is simply brilliant I'm sure your mum was over the moon with it :D I bet this has pride of place on the chemo ward and is a constant attraction/distraction for the visitors. The nurses would of been delighted to receive such a great heart-felt thankyou. Simply Fantastic love !!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, so here I go again looks like you might get this comment twice (you know me ;) ) At the risk of repeating myself, this card really is amazing Dawn.

    Your mum must've been over the moon with it. I'm sure it takes pride of place on the chemo ward and provides a constant attraction/distraction to all of their patients. The nurses would have been delighted to receive such a heartfelt thank you. This is truly Fantastic !!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx