Pages

Followers

Friday 11 September 2015

New Home

Good Morning all!
It's almost the weekend, do you have plans?
There are a few things going on around here, so not sure quite 
how things will pan out!
Here's the card I have to share with you today!


A friend has just moved in to a new home.
He's back to the single life, so I thought this fun image was apt!
It's from a Kanban diecut topper & sentiment set, called 
So Macho- Funny Business.
it's been around in my stash for a while, just waiting for the right moment!
In fact everything on this card has been in my stash for quite a while!
I used an A6 silver grey card base & embossed with a chevron folder.
The dotty tape is from papermania,
I used silver peel off's for the sentiment to tie in with the silver foiling
around the image. I also added a little silver key charm.
I kept this card flat so it could easily be posted.
That's about it really. 
I know a lot of people find making cards for men quite daunting
 but I find if you keep things fairly simple & add a smile, it seems to do the trick. 
Thanks so much for popping intoday!
Have a great weekend!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Paper Shelter - Charming (use a charm)
City Crafter Challenge - Feeling Flat (flat cards)
Clear It Out - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Shopping Our Stash - Mirror Mirror
Unstampabelles - Boys Will Be Boys

26 comments:

  1. Dawn, it's a cracker! Love his expression! A great male card and yes, I agree - simple is best for males! Thanks for entering this with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Dawn, such a fun image - a very original New Home card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love how you added the washi tape.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Dawn, great fun image :)

    Hugs Abbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Dawn, it reminds me of my brother cooking eggs lol
    This weekend we are tidying the house after having my brother home for the week....it's like a whirlwind has been through the house lol

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific guy card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a great photo! I smiled just as soon as your page came up. :)
    love the embossed card base. sets it all off perfectly!

    hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn this is a fantastic card. That is an amazing image. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for a new home and perfect for a man living on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card dawn - great image - hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant New Home Card, Dawn, I'm sure she'll love it!!
    Hugs Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A brilliant card Dawn and the image is just perfect. Have a lovely weekend - whatever you decide to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Dawn, made me smile! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very fitting for the occasion. Hope he loves it. Very thoughtful.
    Good luck at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fab masculine card and you nailed our challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic image! Stunning card. lovely creation. Thanks for joining us over at TPS this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous 'man' card, Dawn, and I love the silver gray background! Funny, fun image and perfect for your friend. I'm sure he'll get a tremendous kick out off it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely card!! Perfect for the occasion!! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at the Unstampabelles..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie
    Unstampabelles DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card for the occasion Dawn. Hope you've had a good weekend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. HA! Love that image! I also really like how you've added the washi tape. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He he he I adore that image! Just perfect!
    Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Mirror Mirror" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card for a single guy. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. CLEVER
    love the main Image
    so simple and easy to make and so effective
    always love your manly card Dawn
    clever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx